23 Mar tonika health and COVID-19
In light of unfolding information and advice, we’ve made some important changes to what we’re doing at our clinic regarding COVID-19. It’s an evolving situation and much remains uncertain. Therefore, this is how we’re currently deciding to act, which may of course change in the coming days and weeks. As always, your health is the most important thing to us and our decisions below are based on this.
As we said in our last newsletter – we know there’s a sense of fear and worry around the world. But just as fear and panic are contagious, so are calm and hope. Let’s please all remember this and help spread some light wherever possible.
Our current policy regarding appointments
We’re still open and available for appointments! Here’s what we currently advise for appointments with us:
- Option 1: If your appointment is to treat pain, for acute care or anything of a therapeutic manner, we recommend that you come in for your appointment.
- Option 2: If your appointment is for general maintenance or wellbeing, we recommend you to hold off and book once things have settled down. (This is NOT because we consider tonika health to be unsafe, but because we all have responsibility to decrease any potential spread of the virus via maintaining social distancing wherever possible). Cancellation fees do not apply for anyone because of this issue.
We are healthcare professionals and it is our priority to look after your health (so long as you abide by the sign below). If you’re unsure whether to come in for an appointment or not, please contact us on email@example.com or your practitioners direct email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’d be more than happy to discuss it with you. We know there’s a lot of uncertainty at the moment, and we’ll do anything we can to help clarify things.
Special notice for Ron’s patients
We’ve sat down as a team and given all of our fabulous practitioners the choice if they want to continue practicing during this time. Ron, one of our awesome massage therapists, has decided to cancel his appointments for the next 2 weeks to practice social distancing as much as possible (NOT because he is displaying signs of COVID-19 or has been in known contact with anyone who has but as personal choice – which we totally respect). If you’re a patient of Ron’s and have an appointment within the next 2 weeks, we’ll be in touch with you. Please know that Fei and Daniela are still available for therapeutic massage (please contact us for appointments so we can assess according to our new guidelines) and Peter is available for acupuncture (which you can book online here).
Our current clinic procedures
- Ensuring that anyone who enters our clinic, including patients and staff, thoroughly wash their hands upon arrival
- Using clinical grade disinfectant after every patient and for any surface clients or staff touch – including massage beds, seats, desks, door handles, benches and more
- Using bleach when washing all massage towels and other equipment
- Requesting that any clients who are experiencing a mild fever and cough / who have returned from particularly high risk areas (China, Iran, Italy) within the past 14 days call or email to let us know so that we can reschedule their appointment after a 14 day period
- Requesting that all clients join us in maintaining an optimistic and calm outlook during this time. We’re being mindful of not buying in to the fear and panic that is widespread at the moment, and instead doing our all to help instill insight and hope!
As we said above, while this information is correct at this point in time, information and advice is constantly being updated as we learn more. Therefore clinic procedures etc may change. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 9211 3329. We’re always here to help! And please remember, just as fear and panic are contagious, so are calm and hope. Let’s please all remember this and help spread positivity wherever possible. Thank you so much for your cooperation and understanding 🙂