09 Dec Christmas Food Drive 2019
Did you know that…
- More than 1 in 5 Australians (21%) have experienced food insecurity in the past 12 months
- 22% of these are children
- Each week, 3 out of 10 food insecure people go an entire day without eating
Hunger is a hidden and growing crisis in Australia. This is something we’re incredibly passionate about. To help, we’re running a Christmas food drive with FoodBank, who provide relief to over 373,000 Australians each month experiencing food insecurity.
Please help us by donating any non-perishable food items. Non-food items are also welcome, including toiletries and household products. Ask your family, friends, neighbours and colleagues to help out too…gather items from whoever can help and drop them off to us for donation! (P.S. It’s also an excellent opportunity to clean out your pantry of anything you don’t use and therefore help reduce food waste at the same time!).
How you can help
– Protein products: canned fish, canned pulses
– Canned or jarred products: soups, vegetables, pasta sauce
– Dried products: pasta, rice, beans, nuts / seeds, muesli, crackers, biscuits
– Coffee, tea, teabags
– Dairy products / dairy alternatives: shelf stable milk, powdered milk
– Baby food
– Toiletries and household products: toilet paper, sanitary items, nappies, baby wipes, soap, deodorant, detergent
– Monetary donations (donate here)
Unfortunately, we can’t accept items that’re opened, past their used by date or home made.
Drop off your items to tonika health (391 Riley St). If we’re not in when you come, please leave the items in the cupboard at the bottom of the steps 🙂
We’ll be collecting donations until Thursday 12th December.